On May 22-23, 2018, the xCEED Fintech conference was organized in Belgrade. EasyPay was the only Albanian representative institution in the Conference.
xCEEd is the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) leading Fintech event. The size and mix of the event provides the very best opportunity to learn and deliver real change, mix with colleagues and gain first hand insight from seasoned digital innovators.
xCEEd 2018 focused on the practical application of financial technologies in CEE, delivered through interaction and engagement. With a 90% new speaker line-up, its own cryptocurrency and a gift shop, the 2018 was truly unique.
A snapshot of the topics which were discussed during this event.
BANK OF THE FUTURE
- What is the social, economic and societal purpose of banks – whether retail, investment, corporate, or central?
- What should a bank of tomorrow be? Technology company, platform model, utility, or other?
- What exactly does an engaged customer look like?
A DIVERSE LANDSCAPE
- GAFA: a threat or inspiration?
- How is FinTech shaping banking, how is banking shaping FinTech and how are both shaping business across the world?
- Responding to millennials: how can strategy be adapted to suit new needs and priorities?
- Systems, service and experience — value unlocked ( Alberta Soranzo, Systems Thinking Director at Lloyds Banking )
- What Merchants can learn from Fin Tech(s) ( Anna Maj, Fin Tech Expert, Advisor and Mentor )
- Metro Bank, the case study (Oli Cook, Head of Banking at Metro Bank )
THE PAYMENTS EXPERIENCE
- Who holds the power when it comes to payments?
- Are we seeing the death of the retail store as it exists today?
*By Megi Milo